Moving page structure error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:42

Moving page structure error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi

I've just moved a page with pages beneath it to beneath another page and it has corrupted. The pages without sub-pages are all ok. These two pages that have file path errors corrupted have pages beneath them and they had menus in them with individually chosen pages selected within that page and sub-page...

If I move them back, the corruption persists...

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Richard Cross,

I tried to reproduce your issue but the pages moved normally. Are you in multilingual mode with more than one language? Have you upgraded from a previous version of SF?

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir

No it was a fresh instance of 4.2 with the hotfix, and no other languages...

Does this screenshot help of the page that comes up: http://screencast.com/t/VFNJka0Rj

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

I still wasn't able to reproduce the issue. It looks like it is reproduceable only in some very very weird cases. Are your pages all Published or Draft? I'm really clueless how to reproduce the issue. Maybe provide us with credentials to the backend so we can try and check the problem for ourselves?

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir

It's a localhost project, is there somewhere to upload it to?

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

You could use some public file sharing sites like 4shared.com or put it on some FTP or HTTP server and give us the link. We would need at least the database and the config files.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Please check if relocating the pages adds extra ULRs

If yes. remove them and try again.

Markus

This thread is closed