Filter By Category, Select A Category Freezing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:59

Filter By Category, Select A Category Freezing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

I have setup my first category and sub-categories.  When I try to apply the categories to an event, the Select a Category dialog.  I then get a blank error dialog with some "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors thrown in for good measure.

If I click the "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs", the Loading graphics just sits there and nothing happens.  I waited for over 15 min to see what would happen.

Would love any suggestions on how to track this down.  File Attached.

Hi Tom Miller,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
The issue has been logged in our system  and forwarded for fixing.  You can monitor the status of the bugs in our issue tracking system PITS. The issue ID is 7753.
As a workaround i can suggest you to select categories without typing in the search box.
I updated your Telerik points.

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

The "list" is blank when it opens.  Being new to the system, I didn't realize that it should be populated.  As soon as I open the Event edit dialog I get this (see attached), so there really is no work around.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Tom Miller,

I have tried to reproduce the problem locally with 4.2 installed and I could not find any problem like the one you described. Please see attached video and let me know if I'm missing something. What is the version of Sitefinity you are running?If possible could you please provide steps to reproduce it or send us screen shots?

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

I am running 4.1.3. 

Hi Tom Miller,

I have tried to reproduce the problem locally with 4.1 installed but no luck. ?If possible could you please 
send video?

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Figured it out when trying to start over with creating categories.  I got into an AJAX refresh loop.  Did some research and it seems there is an issue with FF6.  I see you have a fix out for 4.2.  Any chance we will see the same fix for 4.1?  Is there going to be a SP4?

Tried doing everything with IE7 and everything worked fine.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Tom Miller,

If this happens only at FF 6 you need to install  Sitefinity 4.2 hotfix 1.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/sitefinity-4-2-hotfix-1.aspx

Please, let me know if the problem is not fixed after that.

Kind regards,
Milena
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed