Links and Images

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:02

Links and Images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Sitefinity never stopps to amaze me.

I wonder if someone else can reproduce this.

TEST 1
---------------------------------------------
Create a page
Drag a content block to the page
Edit content block add some text - save
Edit content block add an image in addition to the text you have - save

Both text and image are visible.

TEST 2
---------------------------------------------
Create a page
Drag a content blcok to the page
Edit content block add some text - Link some of the text ot an internal page - save
Edit content block add an image in addition to the text you have (with link) - save

The Image is not saved.

Tried this on Window 7 IE 9 and FF 6.

Is it just me or can someone reproduce?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

I have tried to reproduce the issue on a brand new project and followed the steps you described. However the images showed up after saving the content block. Can you record a video or provide us with more information about the project ? Can you provide login access to the project?

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

Dear Victor

Now I have onther site that is having the same problem. Have a content block in a template with links to SF pages.

If I hit save the content stayst the same. Getting 504 errors.

Will open a ticket an provide credentials. Grrrrh

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

The issue seems to be related  to the multilingual functionality of the website. I have noticed that you have set only one language for your website - Deutch. After adding English as well ( not as default ) I was able to insert an image in the content block ( but the page also needed to have an English translation ). However you can notice the error in the html field that the link has not been resolved. We have logged the issue in our system for fixing. Your Telerik Points have also been updated.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Dear Victor

Glad you can reproduce it. I guess it won't make it into SP1. So untill some time in October, when hopfully this will be adresses in 4.3 -> My clients simply CAN NOT use internal links in content blocks.

Do I get that right?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

We will do our best to resolve the issue for the upcoming release, but it is possible for the fix to be included in the release after the service pack.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Telerik,

So at what point do you offer Jochem and Markus a job on your QA testing team?  They seem to be singlehandedly doing the Sitefinity Quality Assurance for you...

This is depressing....

@HRC

Well thanks for the flowers. To be honest I have offered myself once as a beta tester.

The problem is, that I love SF and Telerik does provide excelent support. So this is a way of giving back. At times I must try to restrain myself because acutally reporting bugs, bitching for solutions and fixes, making screencast and screenshots do not really pay the bill. For once I did tell myself not to touch e-commerce for at least 12 month and let others (Jochem) do the testing there.

I hope every body is reporting issues and not just hoping for Jochem to do it.

Sometimes I only hope that Telerik does not get it the wrong way. I still stand firm behind Telerik and would not want to use any other CMS. And they have taking SF a huge step forward in the past 9 month.

Yet, there is still room for improvments.

Markus

@Steve,

Actually I use both hands but totally agree I'm doing a depressing job at re-assuring the Quality, will try and do better job with next week's SP release ;)

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

@Victor

I have not tested it yet because I am holding back on the updates. Has this been fixed in 4.2 SP1?

Markus
PS: Am I the only one with this problem?

Hello Markus Berchtold,

The issue is still not done, however our teams are working on it for our future releases. I have escalated the priority of the bug.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

@Victor

Dont't get me wrong but if the bug reported realy exists it means that content blocks are UNUSABLE as soon as I use a internal link.

And if this is true the very center of the CMS ContentBlocks does NOT work if using internal links.

Again. If this is reproducable I sure hope you fix it in 4.3 if not I have serious questions.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2011 00:00

Has this problem been fixed yet?  We're coming across it on a site here as well now.  Seems to happen sometimes when you try to drag images around the content editing box after adding them as well as the conditions that Markus described.

Looks like this is all fixed up somewhere between the version we were previously using and version 4.4.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Such scenario is hardly reproducible in 4.4, as we have tried to replicate similar scenarios but to no avail.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Hey Victor,

I guess this was the kind of comment I was looking for, because it inspired me to have a go at it and try and reproduce it.

Ten attempts later I can assure you it's very reproducable every single time. I'm on v4.4.2.117 using IE9, clean out of the box without custom code or styling anything.

---
Go to Admin >> Settings >> Languages
Choose another language for public content (other than english - in my case I used Dutch), set it as default. 
Click Save changes. 
Click Remove on the English language.
Click Save Changes.
Log out.

Go to pages.
Create a new one by giving it a name and select (start from scratch/do not use template).

On the page edit view, drag a content block to the screen.
Click edit.
Enter some text "Lorem Ipsum and the rest...."
Select 'Ipsum', click linkmanager and insert a link from 'page from this site'.
Select a page, click insert link and you're back in the RadEditor.
Click save and you're back on the page.

Click top left "Save as Draft"
Click edit on the Content Block widget again.
Click insert image and select an image "From already uploaded"
Click Done
Click save and you're back in the editor again.
Click save and you're back on the page.

Click top left "Save as Draft"
Click 'Back to pages'

In the page overview, you see the new page as a draft. Click it to edit it again and you'll notice that the linked text ("ipsum") has dissapeared.

---
I can reproduce this behavior now on 2 clean v4.4 projects with new pages (template and no template) and existing draft pages. If you'd like a screencast video, tell me where to send it and I'll be happy to record one.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Jochem,

Thank you for the detailed steps regarding the issue.

We have followed the above provided steps, but the issue was still not reproducible in Sitefinity 4.4, using Firefox, Chrome and IE 9. I have also recorded a video of the process. Please see it attached.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2012 00:00

Hey Victor,

I saw your video and you're cheating ;)
You've added a couple of returns before inserting the image... maybe that's the culprit?

I'll opened a support ticket to send you my screencast, but lets keep the discussion here so Markus and Seattle stay in the loop as well ok?

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

@Everyone,

Yesterday we kept ourselves busy with sending each other video's and as it turns out Victor wasn't cheating but the 'invariant culture' is. I'm sure Victor will confirm this soon but to keep everyone in the loop I wanted to point out what we've discovered so far...

When you start a new project, the default frontend language is English. Imagine creating a 'Home' page. Then you go to admin>>settings>> languages and replace the default frontend language with 'NL' or 'DE'.

On the page overview, the 'Home' page you created earlier, shows up as 'NL'. But when you link to that page and save it as draft, you'll loose the link (see proper steps in previous post).

This is somehow caused by the fact that the 'Home' page, although showing up as 'NL' and supposedly being invariant culture, somehow still is a 'EN' page. Since we deleted 'EN' as a language, the link becomes invalid and is removed...

[If you're interested in following a tied in issue about invariant culture and erratic behavior you can follow this forumpost]

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello all,

After getting some more details from Jochem,  I was able to reproduce the issue on our local environment successfully and logged it in PITS. We will do our best to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed