Fairly urgent search error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:06

Fairly urgent search error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

My search that's implemented on one of my Sitefinity sites is not returning correct results.

I have a basic search index setup and am using the standard drag and drop search control in my master pages. The correct index has been selected in this. However, when re-indexing my search I am receiving the error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'. When altering the search index options I have noticed that I only get this error when I have selected the 'News' to be indexed. The correct page for where the news is has been selected.

Whats causing this error? I currently have a search on a live site that is not working?

Many thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Richw,

Try applying the fix for the reindexing problem with Sitefinity 4.2.1650. After this I think you should not get object reference error. I have tested the same scenario at my end. Alternatively try removing the additional languages leave just english as default.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed