content block outdated

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:36

content block outdated

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

I have a 'shared' content block on 23 pages, occasionally I will see the words 'Outdated' next to the words 'shared' on the top of the content block - this seems to result in the content block not updating on specific pages. Any reason for this?

Another issue - when I click on shared content to edit the file. I receive the following error:

"Row not found: GenericOID@642238f4 PageTemplate id=201c70ce-e43e-4829-9bfb-a064bae3607e
UPDATE [sf_page_templates] SET [last_modified]=?, [voa_version]=? WHERE [id] = ? AND [voa_version]=?
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)"

and to add to it - I received this message as well:
"Pages marked with yellow are not updated with the latest version of this content because they need to be approved."

I also have ADMIN rights.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support. By design a content block is not updated when the page it is used on is locked for editing by another user, the user making the update has no permissions to modify the page content or there is an approval workflow turned on and the page is in Awaiting approval state.

I still cannot reproduce this issue. Do you have any workflows turned on? Could you please send me a screenshot where exactly the described error is shown?

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

I am having this issue as well. I have no workflows, and the Pages page on the backend page does not indicate any pages are locked for editing by any users.

This single content block is used by 12 pages, and I have been having issues with it from the start. Yesterday I updated to 4.2.1733. Prior to the update, I received only the triangle with the exclamation point with no specific message as to cause. Post-update I am receiving the message as reported by the other user.

If I go to each of the pages listed as not having it applied, I can edit the page, edit the shared block, click "Update" in the message preceding the block (the message tells me its content is outdated), save the block, and then re-publish the page. However, this is tedious.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Julia Essex,

Thank you for reporting this.  It seems this is a bug. We will investigate the problem and will log the issue for fixing in our internal system.

500 points are added to your account.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Woah Woah Woah -- were are my points? :)

Hi Scott ,

Please excuse me, this was not intentional. 500 Telerik points are now added to your account.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2012 00:00

Is there an update for this?  I have someone who i do not want to give page edit rights but i allow them to edit generic content blocks.  After they edit the block, it now has a yellow triangle next to it.  Is this because they will also need page edit rights?

Is there an update for this?  I have someone who i do not want to give page edit rights but i allow them to edit generic content blocks.  After they edit the block, it now has a yellow triangle next to it.  Is this because they will also need page edit rights?

Laura,

I don't know anything about the rights-related issues. In my case, I encountered it personally and I am an admin with full rights to everything on my site, so rights weren't an issue (nor was locked or awaiting approval status).

I will say, however, that I have not encountered this issue in the past few months.I suspect that whatever the cause of what I was encountering, it was resolved in one of the updates (when I posted I was using SF 4.2.x and now I'm up to SF 5.x).

Julia

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Laura,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

Content blocks in Sitefinity does not have a separate permission. They are dependant on the permissions for pages.
If a user has the permission to edit and publish pages he should be able to create and edit content blocks in pages. In all other cases, if a user has no permission to modify a page he will be able only to create content blocks (from the Content menu) without using them in pages.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

This thread is closed