Images in Images file system directory not accesible over Ht

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:22

Images in Images file system directory not accesible over Https

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2011 00:00

I am trying to access this image stored in my Images directory in Sitefinity v. 4.2 over Https and I am not able to access it:

www.troytennisacademy.com/.../call-usimg.jpg

Error in: www.troytennisacademy.com/.../call-usimg.jpg
Error Message: File not found.
Stack Trace:
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.SendResponseAndSetCaching(HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, ICacheManager cache, String key) at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

However, when my page is simply published over Http, the content is viewable!

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

I wasn't able to access the image over HTTP as well. Are you sure that the URL is correct. What is the page that has the image in it and is viewable?

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

The Url is referenced from a User Control (which contains a Telerik RadGrid) embedded within Sitefinity. 

The example that I referred to that was functioning over Http using a Sitefinity website with the User Control that does not have the setting "Require SSL" checked on the page.

I am not sure if that is standard behavior or not, but I have also noticed that I am unable to access any images from the file system in a Sitefinity secured site.

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

You can't access images that are in a folder named "Images" - this name is a reserved route for the Media content module. If you want the create a physical folder and put images there please use a different name than "Images".

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Is there a work around for this? We are implementing a client that has email newsletters out there that have references to their images/newsletters/  folder.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am afraid thata the only solution ios as described in this KB:Static Files are not served from Images or Videos folders. After you change the name of the images root and recompile all current images will be ok. However the links in the sent newsletters will still be pointing to the the old url, you can try configuring a URL rewrite to rewrite the images to the new path.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed