4.2 - Lots of bugs...so it seems

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:56

4.2 - Lots of bugs...so it seems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

I recently upgraded a client's site to 4.2 and I am now very sad.  I am getting a lot of errors:

1) Using the log in control:
    a. Setting the Title does not "stick" and the value comes back as null after a save.
    b. Cannot make the  "login" link an image.
    c. Set login control to not show when logged in....It does anyway- but randomly.
2) News
    a. Inserting a document link makes the new item HTML broken in some weird way.  This seems to only happen if you edit the item after insering the document link...I think.  (It behaves differently in IE vs. Chrome)
3) Created new template for a widget which had C# code in the template (created in 4.1 - and it worked).  Template stopped working, went in to modify the template, editor STRIPPED out C# code.
    a. Tried to add fields to the template using the "<%Eval("")>" markup. The template simply ignored the values.

Is this just me or is anyone else getting all these random errors?  I don't think I have ever experienced a release of SiteFinity so buggy.  At this point, I am very concerned about moving forward with the project.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Allen,

Stripping out code within the CMS (Backend) editor is normal SiteFinity 4.2+ behaviour. See this post and this post (and Telerik's response, below, on applying the hotfix which may solve some more issues). 

The video posted here by Boyan should help you create and integrate and external template. 

Thanks!

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/developing-with-sitefinity/external-widget-templates.aspx#1754482
Adding an external template [VIDEO] > www.sitefinity.com/.../291234_News-widget-external-template.rar

This thread is closed