Corrupt administrator pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:51

Corrupt administrator pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Somehow my Sitefinity 4.2 administrator has become corrupted, every page is only returning the header/footer and a blank center section. 

When I run the javascript debug tools I see this two errors

Uncaught Sys.InvalidOperationException: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Type Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.RadTreeBinder has already been registered. The type may be defined multiple times or the script file that defines it may have already been loaded. A possible cause is a change of settings during a partial update.
in MicrosoftAjax.Debug.js:1877

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function

In Telerik.Web.Ui.WebResource.axd:3697

All I was doing was creating a test page in the admin to figure out how to get the gallery javascript to load in a custom master template. 

What can I do? thanks
--mike

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

To add to the puzzle, last night I was getting the error above. This morning I'm now getting this error when I try to login to the machine. Nothing else has changed.  A side note: I believe I've seen this error before but it always went away on a page reload - now it won't go away. 

To make it stranger, if I login to the admin from a different machine (same db) I get the blank page error. Or if I login with a different user I get the blank page error.  WTF. 

01.Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctl04$frontendPagesListView$ctl00$ctl00$sidebar$languages' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.
03.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
05.Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctl04$frontendPagesListView$ctl00$ctl00$sidebar$languages' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.
07.Source Error:
09.An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
11.Stack Trace:
14.[HttpException (0x80004005): Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctl04$frontendPagesListView$ctl00$ctl00$sidebar$languages' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.]
15.   System.Web.TraceContext.AddNewControl(String id, String parentId, String type, Int32 viewStateSize, Int32 controlStateSize) +4431698
16.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +431
17.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
18.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
19.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
20.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
21.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
22.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
23.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
24.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
25.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
26.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
27.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
28.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
29.   System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +515
30.   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4642

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Mike,

Can you try deleting all the cookies for your browser and login again. Also restart IIS/Casini. Where did you create your test page - in the backend section or you added a physical .aspx page to the website project?

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2011 00:00

Earlier I did try cookies, and 2 different dev machines - neither fixed the error. 

However, it's working now, and I've narrowed down what it isn't. I was sure it was a corrupt database issue, but when I changed my config to point at an older copy of the database I had the same issue. So I started reverting my code, from svn, and now it's working again. The weird part, I revert back 2 days and then started adding the code back in one checkin at a time to find the bad code - and never did. I was able to pull back in everything without error.  However the last few items I worked on was a master template, trying to load JQueryGalleria resource and a control. 

So let's assume it was a bug in one of my master templates. How in the world would that cause an MicrosoftAjax error in the admin tree while trying to load the SiteMap.  Does Sitefinity/ASP evaluate or compile the pages or templates while rendering the tree? Crazy idea, I know, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Mike,

I'm not sure what was your control's code but it probably was messing with the jQuery and Ajax libraries we are using in our backend. So is your issue solved now?

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2011 00:00

Yes it's fixed. However your comment still has me confused. Why would the code in a control on a page be processed while building the tree in the admin. If it is, that has to be a huge performance hit because it's not needed. And if it's not supposed to be, then how did a bad control break the admin? Like I said I'm all good now, just trying to highlight something that might get one of your engineers to find a bug to make a better product.

Personally I think the admin needs to be as bullet proof as possible. It's one thing for a page I create to break on the front end because of bad code in a control. But the admin is where I need to go fix it (delete the page, remove the control, etc..). Because of this bug I was frozen out of the system. Not a good thing at all.

--mike

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your suggestion. We had some issues with the different javascripts linked in the backend, like jQuery and different versions of the Microsoft Ajax library, but these issues hopefully will be cleared for the next major release 4.3.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Can you tell me if this has been solved?  We are now running into this and I cannot get our site back to normal.  It's the same issue described below.  Are there work-arounds?  The back end is completely unusable at the moment!

Can you tell me if this has been solved?  We are now running into this and I cannot get our site back to normal.  It's the same issue described below.  Are there work-arounds?  The back end is completely unusable at the moment!

Figured out what the problem is...  I removed this from PagesConfig.config and everything went back to normal.

<scriptManager enableCdn="True" />

Please fix this!

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

I'm glad that you solved the issue and thank you for letting us know the solution. We will look into this and will try to find how it happened. Thank you again for your cooperation.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed