News Widget changing PageTitle

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:06

News Widget changing PageTitle

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

I've been battling with a News Widget feature that constantly affects my page titles. Every time I use the News Widget and click Edit -> Advance and I remove Replace in PageTitleMode and save and publish the page it doesn't remove the News Item title. The pages that I don't use the News Widgets on would show the original webpage title but once I use the a News Widget it replaces the original.

Hi Jesse,

Can you please let us know hwther you are just deleting the Replace value, or you are setting it to a different option? If you have a content widget placed on the page and the ContentViewDisplayMode property is set to Detail (e.g you have set a News widget to display a single news article on that page) then the widget tries to set the page title to the content title. You can choose among several modes here:
Append - the content title will be appended to the page title
Replace
- the default setting, where the page title is replaced with the content title
DoNotSet
- content title will not be included in the page title

You can set the PageTitleMode property of the widget to DoNotSet and will achieve the desired results. If any problems persist, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Boyan,

Thank you very much. This is working, however is it possible for it to be set as DoNotSet by default. I would now have to go through each page to change it to that value. Is there a way of changing it on the widget itself?

Hello Jesse,

That's a tough one, unfortunately that property is not exposed in the control definitions.  One option would be to place the control on a template and base your pages on that template. However, if the use case scenario is not suitable for such implementation, you will need to crate a custom NewsView type, and set the default value for the PageTitleMode property. You can then  iterate through your pages and substitute the existing NewsView controls with your custom type.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed