New Document Page Load Loop

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:50

New Document Page Load Loop

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a new document library in a SF 4.1.x installation and when I click create the page keeps reloading by itself. The "New Library" form never appears the page just keeps reloading the existing libraries page before reloading again.

Anybody experience this?

Regards,
Jacques

Hi J.Hoventer,

The described behaviour is probably result of the fact you are using Firefox 6.x to create the new library. If that is the case, I will explain why you experience the issue -  Firefox 6 introduced some key changes in its core functionality which broke Sitefinity. We have released a patch which fixes the problem, but it can be applied only to Sitefinity 4.2 versions. You can download it from your account downloads page and apply it to your project.

If you keep getting the error using other browsers as well please provide me with more information about the project so I can get a better picture of your situation.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Victor,

That seems to be the answer. I tried this in Chrome and it worked.

How painless is the upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2? I know the project manager will do the upgrade, but how seamless is this?

Regards,
Jacques

Hi J.Hoventer,

The easiest and safest way is to use the Project Manager by adding the needed entries in the Projects.xml file. You can also copy and replace the contents of the bin folder ( from a new 4.2 project ) to your project bin folder. Then if you run the project the upgrade scripts will be executed which will upgrade your files and database to 4.2

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed