Forms module: Cannot change Name For Developers

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:24

Forms module: Cannot change Name For Developers

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello
I'm am trying to go through and change the names of the form fields but the Advanced: Name For Developers field cannot be changed and I can find no matching column in the advanced properties. Is this not possible?
Thanks
Ryan

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Advanced name for developers is used to create database column with the name of the form. It can`t be changed. When you delete the form this column will not be deleted. This is how Sitefinity uses OpenAccess, it create and updates tables and columns, but don`t delete them.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

I added a textbox and then deleted it. It left behind a column named "form_text_box" in my forms db table. Is it safe to delete this column as there is now no field on the form associated with it? Also, I created a form and then deleted it and decided to start from scratch. Is it safe to delete the table in the db that was left behind by my discarded form?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2012 00:00

Stanislav
I am still having issues with the forms module a year later. Where does Sitefinity store all the extra information about a form that causes it to recreate the old form fields every time I publish changes to a form? I've found data in the sf_meta_field table, but can't seem to associate it with the form fields.
It is becoming an issue because we have sync processes running that expect to find a certain column name in that table, but if I delete and attempt to recreate a column with that name, it is inserting something like _0 at the end of the field name or randomly naming it. I currently have 5 columns, all supposedly the same, ranging from BusinessTelephoneNumber, BusinessTelephoneNumber_0 up to BusinessTelephoneNumber_4 and even business_telephone_number. It's anybody's guess which one the data is going into. We've just gone through the whole process of filling in a form field only to have the field 'form_field_textbox' appear in the table, and NONE of the meta data we'd filled in was present when we went back to edit the form, and the field was untitled.

Thanks
Ryan

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2012 00:00

Nevermind, got it...

Find form id in sf_meta_types --> find sf_meta_types id as type_id in sf_meta_fields
Thanks
Ryan

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2017 00:00

Hello

I'm am trying to go through and add the names of the form fields but the Advanced: Name For Developers field cannot be found and I can find no matching column in the advanced properties. 

I have selected the web framework to be MVC only when creating the form.How can I find Name for developer in this.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2017 00:00

Hi Uchita,

I checked their source code https://github.com/Sitefinity/feather-widgets/blob/c4972d97b0b47d2cb2315ef2de120815e24e252d/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Forms/Mvc/Models/Fields/BackendFieldFallbackConfigurator.cs

and it looks like it is impossible in MVC forms. Everything mapped to controllers types. In MVC forms developers names will be like that:

• TextFieldController
  • TextFieldController_0
  • TextFieldController_1
  • and etc

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2017 00:00

I have created a new web based form in Sitefinity 9.2. Each time I change the name for developers the name doesn't save. I have an old form which was created in 8.1 that has had the name changed.  We need to be able to customise the name for developers so that it makes easier for other staff to read the data in Excel. 

I'd like to know why this isn't working as it should and if there is a workaround?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2017 00:00

Hi Support,

Is there any update on this issue?

It happens in every Sitefinity v10 project.

Thanks in advance

Milos

This thread is closed