Image Gallery Thumb Size

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:25

Image Gallery Thumb Size

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi there

I added a image galerie to a page and did set the styles in my css (as soon as you have your own theme it seem you need to do it yourself)

Feature request. Why does SF not include it by default. Kind of EnableEmbededSkins =True, False

But here is my problem

-----------------------
I wanted to have the thumbs in the image gallerie wider and higher then they were displayed.

1) I looked first in the widget settings if they can be set there - no luck
2) I looked in the widget template to see if they can be set there - no luck
3) I looked in the images gallery to see if they can be set there - no luck

Dear Jochem told me there was:
 Settings -> Advanced -> Libraries -> Controls -> ImageFrontEnd -> View ->

ImagesFrontendThumbnailsListLightBox

I set the height and widht there to 150px. Even deleted the image and reuploaded the images.

But nothing changes.

Is this a bug or am I missunderstanding something.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

The thumbnail size cannot be changed for now because the default size is set upon uploading the images. However this is a known request which we have logged for implementing for one of our future major releases. I have also increased the priority of the request.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Dear Victor

Sorry should the ImagesFrontendThumbnailsListLightBox setting do anything or is this just one of those placeholders that no function is implemented yet.
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

The setting is disabled due to the fact that adjusting the thumbnail size for the lighbox control template might break the designer. However when adjusting the thumbnail size becomes available, the setting you describe will most probably be working as well.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the answer

Has Telerik ever thought about not showing stuff which is not working in a product that has been on the market for 9 month.

We do we have to try and error which functions is implemented, implemented but buggy or not implemented at all.

Did it ever accurre to you that people are loosing/wasting hours with bugs and stuff that is there but simply does not work.

Please do better then this. Have some pride in your work and product.

Markus

@Markus That is precisely why my fellow delegate mocked me when I walk past them at pinball and air hockey machine. They are working on Umbxxxx team and can not understand my many problems with Sitefinity. I've had to give up my vacation and did not have time to go dancing anymore. My chief is angry because I cost him so many development hours and a lot of money and he started to doubt my abilities. At night I dream about being the new guy on the xxxbraco team! It's not fun to be on the Sitefinity team. /Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2012 00:00

Is there any update on this or are we just stuck with the standard setting which seems to be 120px now?

Just thought I might ask again, after another 7 months.

Looks like another construction site.. would not even let me save the config. Title is missing although I don't even know where it will display the title or what value is expected. See attachment. 

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

I have asked for control of the thumbnail image in the past and was told I couldn't alter it; however, it was mentioned this would be addressed. I do not see it has been yet. The programmed thumbnail size, ratio, cropping (none) is burned in to the image gallery functionality. Can you please comment as to the future (hopefully very near) ability to 'easily' make changes to thumbnail properties. The presentation of people's images are important to them and a thumbnail hodge podge of portrait, landscape, tall, short is very ugly and really unusable for anyone that wants to make a nice presentation. I am asking this from a CMS User standpoint, not a developer (I don't want to create image galleries and make sure they work after each upgrade). This is similar to not allowing one to change a font size in a hyperlink, sure it works and looks right if you make sure everything matches that restriction; however, deviations while functional are very ugly.

Will you please revisit this issue. I have a $2000 standard edition not being used because of this.

Thanks,
John S.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Telerik

I'am trying to set the thumbnail size for the image in the ecommerce product list, but sitefinity constantly changes the picture to size 160x125px. It seems like this thread originally in sep. 2011 is about the same issue but in the image gallery. Is this now an issue in the product list???????????

Hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Christian

This thread is closed