Support for Firefox v. 7.0?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:14

Support for Firefox v. 7.0?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

I know that when Firefox v. 6.0 was originally released, I experienced problems with the Sitefinity Administrative back-end while attempting to perform content management activities.

Now that Firefox v. 7.0 has been released, does Sitefinity v. 4.2 support Firefox v. 7.0 as well with the recently released hotfix or is this new browser release still an unsupported platform?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Samir,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Firefox 7 should be working just fine with the latest SP.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Is this the case???

I have two issues with firefox at the moment, one the sfContentBlocks are being output as tables instead of divs completly destroying layout in FF alone (Even IE works as expected) and when i view the admin (and i am on the latest version 4.2.733) the admin does not work at all, i am getting loads of javascript errors refereing to a method being obsolete:

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

These two issues may be linked to a specific external library (the tables issue was) so i will test as it may not be a Sitefinity issue at all, just a compatibility issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Rob,

Were you able to determine if FF7 was a compatibility issue? I've got users that use FF 7 and when they go to edit a page, the layout is complete garbage. I'm on sitefinity v. 4.2.1733. Any help would be appreciated!

Dewayne

Hi Dewayne,

I updated my support ticket and not here.  There was a compatability issue with the 51Degrees Mobil library, what it was i coudn't tell you, it was simply throwing out the layoputs and outputting tables instead of divs, i removed the library and it went away, and we found another way to implement that library via a web service.

Firefox 7, seems to be behaving for me now, so i am sure it was just the library, does your solution have any external libraries?

Rob

Rob,

Thanks, No, I'm not using any external libraries. Not sure what the issue is but will get those with account information to open a ticket.

thanks again

This thread is closed