Backend Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:16

Backend Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

I was wondering if the ability to land on the Pages module at login time was provided in the latest 4.2 SP1 release. So I went to Administration -> Backend Pages and clicked on the Actions drop-down list for the Pages module and selected the Set as Homepage option. It ruined the Pages module (became unresponsive). Then I was unsure how to undo the Home Page bit, so I made the Dashboard the Home Page then. Now when I click on the Live site link it goes wrong.

I think some options need removing from the Backend Pages if they are not useful (i.e. ruin your backend).

Many thanks,
Andrei

P.S. I was doing it on  atest site just to see, so no emergencies.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

You actually set the home page for the frontend. This really might cause confusion to the users and force them to use unnecessary functions that also might break their installation. Thank you for reporting this.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed