Error when calling SetValue() on UserProfile Object

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:59

Error when calling SetValue() on UserProfile Object

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

I am attempting to create a user in code and am encountering some issues. I use the UserManager to create the user (UserManager.CreateUser) then I call CreateProfile on the UserProfileManager.  All of this works fine.  However I have a number of custom fields on the user profile that I need to set.  I've created all of the fields using the Manage Profile Types in the backend but when I attempt to set the value of the property in code by calling UserProfile.SetValue() I get the following error:  Sequence contains more than one matching element.  This happens for every field I attempt to set.  I also get the same error message if I call GetValue().

Here is the code:

--Code to create user

public bool CreateWebUser(string userName, string firstName, string lastName, string title, string organization, string organizationUrl, string address1, string address2,
                           string city, string state, string zip, string country, string socialProfileType, string socialProfile, string email, string officePhone,
                           string mobilePhone, string role, string password, string publications, string links, string securityQuestion, string securityAnswer)

bool returnValue = false;
            if (this._userManagerProvider.GetUser(userName) == null)

User persistedUser = this._userManagerProvider.CreateUser(userName); 
                persistedUser.Email = email;
                persistedUser.Password = password;
                persistedUser.SetPasswordQuestion(securityQuestion);
                persistedUser.PasswordAnswer = securityAnswer;

WebUserProfile webUserProfile = this._webUserProfileManager.CreateProfile(persistedUser, CCG_USER_PROFILE_NAME);
                webUserProfile.FirstName = firstName;
                webUserProfile.LastName = lastName;
                webUserProfile.Title = title;
                webUserProfile.Organization = organization;
                webUserProfile.OrganizationURL = organizationUrl;
                webUserProfile.Address1 = address1;
                webUserProfile.Address2 = address2;
                webUserProfile.City = city;
                webUserProfile.State = state;
                webUserProfile.ZipCode = zip;
                webUserProfile.Country = country;
                webUserProfile.SocialMediaProfileType = socialProfileType;
                webUserProfile.SocialMediaProfile = socialProfile;
                webUserProfile.OfficePhone = officePhone;
                webUserProfile.MobilePhone = mobilePhone;
                webUserProfile.Publications = publications;
                webUserProfile.LinksToWork = links;

this._webUserProfileManager.SetProfileValues(webUserProfile);
                if(!string.IsNullOrEmpty(role))
                    this._roleManagerProvider.AddUserToRole(persistedUser, role);

SaveChanges();

//SendConfirmationEmail(firstName, email, persistedUser.Id.ToString());

returnValue = true;

return returnValue;

--Code to set profile values.  This is the method that is causing the exception:
public bool SetProfileValues(WebUserProfile webUserProfile)

webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_FIRSTNAME, webUserProfile.FirstName);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_LASTNAME, webUserProfile.LastName);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_MIDDLEINIT, webUserProfile.MiddleInitial);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_TITLE, webUserProfile.Title);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_ORGANIZATION, webUserProfile.Organization);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_ORGANIZATIONURL, webUserProfile.OrganizationURL);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_SOCIALPROFILETYPE, webUserProfile.SocialMediaProfileType);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_SOCIALPROFILE, webUserProfile.SocialMediaProfile);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_ADDRESS1, webUserProfile.Address1);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_ADDRESS2, webUserProfile.Address2);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_CITY, webUserProfile.City);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_STATE, webUserProfile.State);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_ZIPCODE, webUserProfile.ZipCode);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_COUNTRY, webUserProfile.Country);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_OFFICEPHONE, webUserProfile.OfficePhone);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_MOBILEPHONE, webUserProfile.MobilePhone);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_PUBLICATIONS, webUserProfile.Publications);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_LINKSTOWORK, webUserProfile.LinksToWork);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_SELECTEDPROFILE, webUserProfile.SelectedProfile);
            webUserProfile.UserProfile.SetValue(PROFILEFIELD_STATUS, webUserProfile.RegistrationStatus.ToString());
            return true;

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks
Shane

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Shane,

The ticket has been answered as a support ticket. The problem was coming from a property named Title that is created again in the model and the query couldn't recognise which one to select.

Best wishes,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed