All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Updated 1650 to 1733 and now get kicked out (logged-out) very often
See here www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_logouts.swf

Another surprise?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2011 00:00

Hey Markus,

I think it's because of the additional url you're adding that you're getting kicked out.
I've looked at the screencast and on the first (which went good) you type page name "Test 1" which gives a url of "~/test-1" and you add an additional url named "~/test1".

On the 2nd however, you type as a name "Test2", which gives the url "~/test2" and then you add that url again as an additional url. 

This is probably causing a 301/302 loop which screws up your login. Haven't tested it, but that seems the most likely cause.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

@Jochem. You are absolutely right. If I add the same extra url as the page is this results in 301 errors.

I don't think that this is what has happend when I first had the problem. Because the reason I added extra URL was because the pages were under~/special-pages/search for example and I wanted them to be reachable by  ~/search only

The setup was just lazzy and resulted in anoter unnice feature. When I get time I will see if this happens to me as well when adding extra urls under pagegroups.

@Telerik: This should be prevented by not beeing able to add an extra ULR the same as the own URL is

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

This indeed is caused by a 301/302 loop. Basically there are some actions that cannot be prevented and must simply not performed by the user, we cannot stop every single possible bad action from the users. So they simply should watch out.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed