Upgrade to from 4.2 to 4.2 SP1 problem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:08

Upgrade to from 4.2 to 4.2 SP1 problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Ran the upgrader this morning (love the new import project link in the project manager)

after running the upgrade and loading the site, receiving this error.
(both on our windows 2008 server and when running localhost)

cannot find any references to 4.2.1650 in the web config, if that helps.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +146
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +1150
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.InitializeModule(ModuleSettings settings, InstallContext installContext, Boolean start) +430
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +1231
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +293
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +386
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +114
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +192
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +1504
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +348
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +200
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +286

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

Do you have any external components in your solution?  (and you did Build the solution again, right?)

This website is pretty straight forward, no special plugins or anything outside of standard sitefinity stuff. 
We do have some custom controls we created, but nothing involving DLL's

I've restored the website back to it's original state, and going to run the upgrade process again once i get some time to setup a test database first

thanks!

You have physicially triggered a new build inside visual studio though right?

What I would guess is the SitefinityWebApp.dll generated from the last build is referencing the 4.2 DLLS, so building the project again should re-generate that file pointing at the right (new) assemblies.  SitefinityWebApp.dll is created when you build the solution, it doesn't get created on project manager upgrade.

...all else fails, assembly binding would work fine too...but that shouldn't be needed in this case

Woops, sorry steve -- forgot to answer that one

After you mentioned the re-build, i compiled here (it's compiling just fine in VS), started without debugging, but that error comes up again in my browser. 

I'll restart this process in the next few hours and ill let you know how it goes.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2011 00:00

I have the same problem - rebuild it but get the same problem....

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Knut,

Please verify that you have referenced the proper assemblies in your project. The issue may be also coming from a custom module of yours which might be using the old .dll. The easiest way to heal your project is to remove all your assemblies and references from your project ( and custom modules if you have such ) and add them again from a brand new project.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello
I successfully upgraded project from 4.2.1650 to 4.2.1733. I replaced my old dlls with new. Build again and run the project, it gave me error something similar to below, so I find and replace version=4.2.1650 to version=4.2.1733 in my entire solution. I build it again and run the project, it still give below error. I watched it carefully, it says this error is in User Control "Menu.ascx.cs". I don't know how to edit user control so that it will reference to new version dll.
------------------------------------------

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error: 

Line 26:             Repeater1.DataSource = list;
Line 27:             Repeater1.DataBind();
Line 28:         
Line 29: 
Line 30:         protected void Repeater1_ItemDataBound(object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e)

Source File: E:\Applications\VirtualViewing\Controls\Navigation\Menu.ascx.cs    Line: 28 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace: 

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
   SitefinityWebApp.Controls.Navigation.Menu.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Applications\VirtualViewing\Controls\Navigation\Menu.ascx.cs:28
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.225

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Vaibhavi,

If you have removed all references, added the new dlls and used the new references you can try another thing - you can recreate the actual control by copying the code to a new ascx file and removing the old one.

However if your controls are in separate project you need to refresh its assemblies as well as rebuild it and add it again to the Sitefinity application.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed