SearchBox.ascx Issue - Value Cannot Be Null. Parameter Name:

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:51

SearchBox.ascx Issue - Value Cannot Be Null. Parameter Name: key

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

I attempted to edit the Search Widget as explained prior bellow a couple days ago. In so doing I followed through with the instructions and then I ran into some complications. I entered the appropriate 

Host type: Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public.SearchBox

Layout template path: relative path to the customized template in your project.

and in so doing I deleted the newly created info. I did and the solution paused for a bit and then it stopped. I got a few glitches. The system then restarted and so it's been restarting for more than 12hrs now. I eventually stopped the process closed the VS Solution, Cleaned and then built the solution. I then restarted the solution to which I get this message. I can't log in to the system at all. I get the error, Value Cannot Be Null. Parameter Name: key How can this be rectified? I got two errors now so I've attached them both.

I'm sorry I'm reposting this but I need to fix this urgently.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

I have the same error after setting up a view map for news item comments. HELP!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

Usually, when you map a template in Sitefinity, you easily remove the Viewmap (delete it) and all changes, that have been made won't apply anymore. @Jesse, it seems that there's damage to your database. I would advice you to open a support ticket and send us your database and config files in it.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed