sql schema warning on [idx_sf_url_data]

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:23

sql schema warning on [idx_sf_url_data]

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2011 00:00

When exporting data or running a schema script when porting from dev to test/prod SQL Manager keeps giving me a warning. I know it's a warning and not an error, merely pointing it out...

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'idx_sf_url_data' has maximum length of 1275 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

But that last sentence always makes me reach for the garlic and keeps my fingers crossed.
J.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Jochem,

This is indeed concerning, so I logged it as a bug in our system and the indexes of this table will be reevaluated for our future releases. Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience caused. I updated your Telerik Points. If you have any further problems, don't hesitate to contact us.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hey Svetoslav,

Awesome thanks! 
And so far no inconvenience, so far it remains a mere warning.

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2012 00:00

Any word on if/when this will be fixed? We're still getting this warning on a deployment with Sitefinity v5.0.2800.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Ken,

Thnak you for letting us know about your concern. Indeed his still remains a known warning, however we've postponed its implementation as it necessitates breaking changes in the product. Generally the warning should be perceived more as a pure warning rather than a p[possible issue indication. let me elaborate on that - a problem might occur only if the size of the data that generates the index exceeds 900bytes. In this case these columns are app_name and url, which we do not expect to reach this combined size in the normal use case scenarios.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2013 00:00

Just tried to move some db stuff 5.4 and get 3 warnings:

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'idx_sf_url_type' has maximum length of 1276 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail

I have no clue if this important but it sure is not nice to read.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

The warning is displayed by design, since we're indeed went above the default limit for the index size. However in the real case scenario, a problem might occur only if you have data (in this particular case URLs) that is exactly the same up to the limit size (to which it will be truncated),  which is a very low probability.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

@Boyan

Thank's for the feedback. I assume this is going to stay that way because if you would change it you would run the risk of cutting of some customers URL. But that would be a very low probability :-)

Thanks

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Currently we do not have any plans for changing the functionality but we will keep you posted if any changes are about to occur.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed