Click on any template, Index was out of range

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:08

Click on any template, Index was out of range

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Having a strange problem. I have 3 templates but any template I attempt to click on (and open) I get '

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: indexHaving a strange problem."

I was hope maybe I can export my templates? Clear somehow Sitefinity? And reimport? Or somehow I need to resolve this error. 

Any ideas? Questions to help elaborate?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

10/03/2011 10:30:01
Type : System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Source : mscorlib
Help link : 
ActualValue : 
ParamName : index
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.Object get_Item(Int32)
Stack Trace :    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Web.UI.StateManagedCollection.System.Collections.IList.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenuItemCollection.Remove(RadMenuItem item)
   at SitefinityWebApp.PfaffMainBase.rSubMenu_ItemDataBound(Object sender, RadMenuEventArgs e) in D:\VSSWorking\randomCustomer.com\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\randomCustomer\App_Master\PfaffMainBase.Master.cs:line 114
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ControlDataBinder.BindItem(ControlItemCollection items, Object dataObject, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ControlDataBinder.BindToHierarchicalEnumerable(ControlItemCollection items, IHierarchicalEnumerable enumerable, Int32 depth)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ControlDataBinder.BindToHierarchicalEnumerable(ControlItemCollection items, IHierarchicalEnumerable enumerable, Int32 depth)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect()
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Charles,

It seems that the problem is coming from one of your controls on the templates while trying to bind to a data source.

If you can bypass the error, you can try and click on Page templates and edit a template. If you cannot even edit it ( I did not fully understand " I attempt to click on (and open) I get " ) you can open your project through visual studio and start debugging and browse to the templates. This should navigate you to the problematic code.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed