System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:45

System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

The issue I am having is when I go to Publish my site pages. Once I publish the page I get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value) +62
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min) +34
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Add(T item) +54
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageHelper.GetTemplates(PageNode pageNode) +64
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode.LoadPageData() +762
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode.EnsurePageDataLoaded() +5
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHelper.SslRedirectIfNeeded(HttpContextBase httpContext, PageSiteNode node) +34
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.ProcessRedirects(HttpContextBase httpContext, PageSiteNode& node, Boolean isAdditionalUrl, String[] urlParams) +547
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +377
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +287
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +60
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

The physical RAM of the sever has been increased from 1GB to 2GB. The server is at 37% memory utilized and 11% CPU. When I run the site the memory and cpu start peaking to the max. Also, I have checked my master file and I don't have any scripts running and there aren't any loops. Could it be the Sitefinity navigation widget I am using? If so how do I fix it.  I can't seem to find out what maybe causing this issue. Any suggests?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2011 00:00

Dear P

What version are you running. The memory comsumption get less with each release. So it would be good to know what version you are currently running.

Are you using a own master page not created in Sitefinity.
Are you using multiple front-end langauges
Are you using multiple back-end languages

I have a problem with memory spikes which I at the moment think are related to master pages somehow. That's why I ask.

Markus

Hey Markus

I am running version 4.2 and I created my own master page using Visual Studio. At this time I'm just using HTML5 and CSS3 for my front-end languages. I am also using asp, <asp:contentplaceholder id="content" runat="server"/>, just for the content place holders.

With the C Sharp call for the master page, <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

Thanks for the reply, hopefully we can get this issue resolved.

Hi P Kent,

Could you give us more specific information about the scenario? Are there any custom modules within your Sitefinity application? Did you reproduce the issue every time when you are trying to publish a page or the issue is reproduced only on one specific page? Which controls are placed on the page on which the issue is reproduced? Are there any custom controls?  Are you sure that your custom controls are implemented properly?

We will be able to help you, once we have more info about the concrete scenario.

Kind regards,
Tihomir
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed