Registration Widget Add Custom Fields

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:26

Registration Widget Add Custom Fields

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

I would like to know what is it that I am doing wrong in the Registration Widget. I keep trying to add the custom fields that I have created for my Basic Profile.

When I go to add the field I get this code in the Edit Template page: <sitefinity:TextField runat="server" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("Company")%>' />

When I add this code and preview the page, nothing shows up, nothing. 

when I change DisplayMode to "Write" I am able to see an input field that does absolutely nothing in regards to registering that fields data. 

I other words I need to know what I am suppose to write in this template editor in order to ge the right field to show up.

sitefinity.litmos.com/.../34762   that has been helpful but at the end he just mentions the registration widget instead of actually showing how to add the custom fields.

please help!

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Fredy,

I'm posting the answer from the support ticket here as well:

Here's how you should add the field to the template, so it can be bound properly:

Copy Code
<sitefinity:TextField runat="server" ID="testCustom"  DisplayMode="Write"DataItemType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.SitefinityProfile"DataFieldName="testCustom"/>

The name of my field here is "testCustom" and it is added in the basic profile. If you add the field it to another profile type, you will have to change the DataItemType to the relevant Profile Type.  The DataFieldName property indicates to which field the value should be bound. Also, an ID is necessary to be added.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2012 00:00

Good point.
Now what happens when you wish to add a Yes/No (true/false) profile property.Or a dropdownlist selection of a profile property.
Must you create a customized widget to override the basic registration widget?
True, this is not that complicated in the front-end, but how would you substitue the registration and profile widgets in the back-end?
Thanks in advance.

This thread is closed