Error in upgrade from 4.2.1650 to 4.2.1733

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:13

Error in upgrade from 4.2.1650 to 4.2.1733

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi I upgraded a site from 4.2.1650 to 4.2.1733.  When the upgrade completed and I ran the site I got this error

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I checked the bin folder and the only file in my project that doesn't exist in the _EmptyProject folder is PublishingModuleFixes.dll.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Devin

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Devin,

I have answered you in the support ticket you have opened.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

I tried to upgrade project from sitefinity version 4.2.1650.0 to 4.2.1733.0. Its giving me error as show in file attached.
UnauthorizedAccessException:
Access to the path' E:\..........\AzureWebRole.cs' is denied.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

We are getting this aswell, what was the solution????

Rob

Found it, a helper library we use for Sitefinity that was referenced to this site was looking at 1650, updated and it now works!

Golden Rule: always check your dependencies :)

Rob

Hello Vaibhavi,

Can you make sure you have read/write permissions over the folder and the files as the error says that you lack such permissions.

According to MSDN documentation this is security error related to insufficient permissions:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.unauthorizedaccessexception.aspx

One of the last lines in the stack is thrown by FileStream which is used for read/write operations:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.filestream.aspx

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Thank you Victor Velev. Its solved now.

This thread is closed