Nested Masterpage Menu Problem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:56

Nested Masterpage Menu Problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2011 00:00

I have a masterpage that contains a menu.
I have subpage template (.master) that uses the masterpage as its base.
The problem:

The menu on the masterpage does not show up on the subpage template.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Robert,

The menu should be initialized outside the contentplaceholder. I have created a simple TreeMenu. In my parent masterpage I have:

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Site1.master.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.App_Master.Site1" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls" TagPrefix="sfMap" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
            <sfMap:SitefinitySiteMapDataSource runat="server" ID="SitefinitySiteMapDS" ShowStartingNode = "false"/>
        <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RTV" runat="server"  OnClientNodeExpanding="OnClientNodeExpanding" DataSourceID = "SitefinitySiteMapDS"></telerik:RadTreeView>
        <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">

</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Then I have created a nested masterpage in VS inheriting the parent masterpage.

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/App_Master/Site1.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="NestedMasterPage1.master.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.App_Master.NestedMasterPage1" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
</asp:Content>

Please find attached the video which presents the above scenario.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2011 00:00

This worked really well. Thanks.

This thread is closed