4.2 SP1 unpublish languages publishes others?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:19

4.2 SP1 unpublish languages publishes others?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

I have a site running in DE/EN/FR/ES/IT

Now I want to unpublish EN/FR/ES/IT homepage (clients is not ready with content)

I choose the dropdown English on the right and select unpublish from the Actions menu.

Now for some strange reason FR had an unpublished (newer then published) status and was visible. So I thought what the heck let's just publish it and unpublish it.

Now the EN Version has the status: unpublished (newer then published)

Well I could have gone all day but got hungry and decided to go to lunch.

Am I doing something wrong when trying to unpublish in certain langauges, or has it do do that it's the homepage or somehow synced?

www.marktold.com/screencast/publish_unpublish.swf

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support and reporting this issue. Unfortunately I did not succeed in reproducing it. I created a clear 4.2 sp1 project (using build 1733) and set multilingual - DE (default language), EN, FR, ES, IT. I tested your case with a home page in all the translations that are synched and it worked fine. Then I delete all these home page translations and created a new home page with unsynched translations, but again - it worked ok. I created also a non-home page with synched translations and a non-home page with unsynched translations, but I did not experience your problem. Am I doing something different from the steps that you did? Also did you use a new 4.2 sp1 project or you have made an upgrade from another Sitefinity version?

Best wishes,
Miroslava
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed