Create new page loop

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:05

Create new page loop

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

I noticed a bug thats only repeatable with FireFox. When I try and add a new page it gets stuck in a loop and never renders the create new page. has anyone seen this before?

Hi,

It's a javascript problem with version 4.2 on FF. If you upgrade to 4.2 SP1 the bug is gone.

Regards,
Nicolas

Hello Todd,

Firefox 6/7 was introduced with some critical changes in its core which affected the functionality of Sitefinity. Can you specify which version of Sitefinity you are using? If it is 4.2 ( not the SP1 ) you will most probably be getting such behaviour while browsing with Firefox 6+. However as Nicolas pointed the fix for the problem was included in SP1. If you do not wish to upgrade, please download the patch that we have prepared for 4.2 1650. You can find the archive in your Account -> Downloads page.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

We're getting a similar problem with Firefox 7 and the image gallery. We go to Content > Images and the page displays fine, but when we then click on an image, the browser goes into a refresh loop and the edit image page never displays.

Sitefinity version is 4.2.1650, and Firefox is 7.0.1 on Windows 7

thanks
Pete

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Nick,

Have you applied the patch and then restarted your project?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2011 00:00

I'm running 4.2.1733.0

Win 7

And get this error. Ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

Nicolas,
We tried applying the 1733 upgrade but both times ended up with the following error: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies.
Tried applying the upgrade without any custom controls as well but it made no difference.
We've rolled backwards since as we couldn't get it to work.

I'm running 4.1.1395 avec I've the same issue with FF 6&7.
is there a fix for this version too?

@mzerbib

Is there any chance you can update to the newest version of SF?

Markus

Hi Markus,

due to business constraints we can't migrate until beginning of next year.
we have several marketing campaign and we can't afford blocking issue with this migration

Markus,

Any idea why i'm getting the error when running the latest build?

Todd

Hello Mzerbib,

I have answered you in the ticket you have opened.

@Todd: Can you provide login credentials for the website so we can inspect the issue in more depth.

@Nick: Please consult the following thread.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Victor,
I do not have any custom modules in the project to work with as I removed them before the upgrade.

Thanks

@Todd
I always find it helpfull to run fiddler2 to see what is going on. Which files are causing the error.

Make sure you dont have extra URS in the pages that are causing the problem

PageA extra URL ~/PageA for example could couse such an problem

Of course PageA extra ~/PageB and having a PageB with extra URL ~/PageA would also not be the best idea.

Other then extra URL if you are on the latest version I have no clue but again fiddler2.com might help :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

@Nick: I have answered you in the support ticket.

@Todd: Can you update us on the status of your issue?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

The issue still exists. Can you contact me directly/privately about this problem as I do not want to divulge any login credentials in the forum.

Todd

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Todd,

Please open a support ticket where you can share the login credentials and refer to this thread.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed