Can't Access Any Widgets after Updating a Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:02

Can't Access Any Widgets after Updating a Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

I was editing a Custom News - List widget I had created and i clicked save on it. However when I tried going back to edit something in it via the drop down on the Dashboard. I got this error. See attached. Now i can't see any of the widgets at all, however I can edit pages that would have had existing widgets on them. I just can't see anything, in fact it says Create Template. I've rebuilt the solution in VS and i'm still getting this error. If possible can someone suggest a way to have this rectified. It's urgent!!!!. Thanks guys.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Jesse,

Can you place news widget on a page edit it and find the template you edited, restore it to default template and save. This will cancel all changes you made to the widget.

In case you have a custom module installed its frontend widget must have created a widget template for the module frontend widget. Can you test this on a backup test project and  uninstall the module widget which will also remove its template. To remove a widget go to Administration->Settings->Advanced->toolboxes->Tollboxes->pageControls->sections (locate a section) -> (find teh widget and delete it).

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2017 00:00

I have a similar situation. I edited and change order of the information in the widget name "Billing Address Override" I saved it then I can't find it anywhere in the Widget Template list. Please help

This thread is closed