Custom Field in multilingual

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:17

Custom Field in multilingual

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi!

I upgraded my website from Sitefinity 4.1 SP1 to Sitefinity 4.2 SP1 . I have custom fields in images but after upgrading they are showing same translation in every language. I can not input different data in multilingual custom field. When I change one the another also change.

After upgrading I converted my site into multilingual.

Any Idea? Can you please provide help ASAP.

Thanks in advance..

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

This doesn't worked. Custom fields are not localized. If you want it, fastest way are to multiply fields. But it really not friendly users.

We have a talk about localization here on others points : http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/localization-of-images-4-2-1650.aspx

Regards,
Nicolas

Thanks nicolas,

I can not use multiple fields as there are more than 8-10 languages in my website.

any other idea?

- Developed your module.
or
- Not synchronised your content (and multiply news, events ....).
or
- Split string into the custom field.
or
- Wait for new version with this evolution
or
- Change CMS

There is no perfect solution Unfortunately.

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi waqar,

This is the current implementation with the media modules, translations don`t change the image, document or video for each language. As mentioned in the other forum thread mentioned, Sitefinity still don`t support the functionality you require so I can recommend you using different libraries for translations.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed