Unable to send mail via SMPT

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:56

Unable to send mail via SMPT

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2011 00:00

I am new to SiteFinity and have just configured our site to send SMPT emails for forgotten passwords.

I have set the SMPT details on the administration screen however on the login page when i click the forgotten password link i get the error below. I am unsure how to resolve this.

The system is denied the permission(s) to send email.

• Contact an administrator to reset your password manually.
  • Or, ask an administrator to configure the system. Details

The system has not been configured to send emails. Go to SMTP settings or ask your administrator to set them

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Jonathan Withers,

First of all you need to have a set host. You need to check if your settings are correct - if you use a different SMTP port (other than 25) try and see that you can actually have permissions to connect to this server on this port.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

I am actually having the same issue. I setup the SMTP settings and still get the "The system has not been configured to send emails" message when you click Forgot Password. I have confirmed that the settings work properly by using the same settings as the Email Campaigns. I receive emails when clicking the Send Test Message button on that screen.

The SMTP server doesn't require a login, but even when I set it, it still fails. I'm currently running version 4.2.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Ron,

I managed to solve the issue with the help of a user error!
I think the resolution of the problem for me was :-
1. stopping the application pool within IIS
2. Removing the temporty asp.net files from the system
3. Starting the application pool again. 

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Ron,

In order for the forgot password form to be working correctly you need to set the following values in your membership provider:

recoveryMailAddress
recoveryMailBody

Also, for recoveryMailBody you need to use the following special tags somewhere in the mail body:

<%\s*UserName\s*%>
<%\s*Password\s*%>

Otherwise the system won't be able to send proper emails.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed