Create a News item - Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:25

Create a News item - Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

When I select .... / content / News / 'Create A News Item', I receive the following error:

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.SimpleImageFieldElement, SitefinityWebApp" cannot be resolved.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.SimpleImageFieldElement, SitefinityWebApp" cannot be resolved.]
   System.Lazy`1.get_Value() +9582723
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElementLazyItem`1.get_Element() +82
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigElementDictionary`2.TryGetValueInternal(TKey key, TElement& element) +45
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.Config.ContentViewControlElement.TryGetView(String viewName, IContentViewDefinition& view) +31
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentViewControlDefinition.TryGetView(String viewName, IContentViewDefinition& view) +131
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.DetermineCurrentViewName() +128
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls() +46
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2011 00:00

Telerik

Any ideas? I have a new development team that I am working with and your input will help with the troubleshooting! Thanks. 

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Scott,

The problem is caused by a custom field that you have added to the News module(Simple Image field). There is either missing file from the thumbnail selector control or some of the files is not being used properly. Can you confirm you have completed all steps from this blog post? Note the .js files have to be built as embedded resources and registered in AssemblyInfo.cs. Also make sure you build the project in visual studio when you have added all files, this way they will be accessible because building the project every time a change is made is required for web applications.

I suppose some of this steps will resolve the issue. If the problem persists write back.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2013 00:00

hi the Telerik team.

I had create custom location module follow www.sitefinity.com/.../installing-the-module

and I saw this error 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentViewControlDefinition.GetDefaultMasterView() +122
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.DetermineCurrentViewName() +571
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls() +104
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +83
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +168
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +974

on sitefinity 6.0

please help me find the good solution for this.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2013 00:00

Hi Scott,

There is a problem related to definitions class for building the UI for the backend and the frontend views of the module.
Could you please open a support ticket and attach a copy of the project files to it and also a backup of the database. We will investigate the problem locally.

Regards,
Ivy
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed