gif image upload quality problem [4.3.1873]

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:43

gif image upload quality problem [4.3.1873]

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey,

Not that I use .gif really but I've got this standard 'anonymous profile' picture (79x79) which I tried uploading in Sitefinity just to play around with images a bit but the image gets totally distorted after upload.

In the first screenshot (overview) you see on the left how it looks in Sitefinity and on the right how it looks when the image is opened directly in IE and MS Picture Manager (zoom 300%). In the second screenshot, you'll see the uploaded image more clearly in the Sitefinity Image Editor.

Is there a setting somewhere hidden where you need to set how .gif's are uploaded? Or is this not Sitefinity related but an issue with the new image uploader/editor? Because I verified it with a v4.2.1733 and the image is uploaded correctly in that instance...

I've tried both uploading the image from the image widget aswell as from the RadEditor, but on both occasions it gets warped. The original image is included as the last attachment.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

I'm having the exact same problem, this worked fine in earlier versions on Sitefinity.

The problem is that it is not only gif's that get modified when uploading images I've seen this on jpg also (the change isn't that noticable, but the are modified and if you compare the size from the original it differs.

This is a big problem for me.

/Keivan

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Keivan,

This is a bug introduced with Sitefinity 4.3. We will provide a fix for the next release. Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Stanislav

How bad is this bug. (have not had a chance to test 4.3)

Is this effecting really all images. How bad is it and should we wait to update our 4.2 versions to 4.3

And if you are writing next release is this 4.3 Hotfix 1 or do we have to wait for 4.4?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Apparantly the 'next' release is a hotfix, where this issue is fixed.... More details after the link.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

@Telerik

Thanks for the quick fix. All I need now are 4.3 language files and I will be able to update to 4.3 as well.

@Jochem

Thanks for reporting it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello all.  i am using Sitefinity 5 (5.025.00) and am having this problem with .gif images.  the image is the same size but the image quality is being very noticeably reduced while the file size is being increased slightly.  Jpg's and Png's seem to work fine.  Not a huge problem just a little annoying.

double post

Hey Rory,

Quote unquote from another thread but it still applies to this:

"With regards to your issue:
Yes this bug was introduced with SF v4.3, and there was a hotfix for it, that part has been fixed. However, there are still two (unrelated) image quality issue floating around, which were not fixed in Sitefinity v4.4 (also mentioned under the known issues).

One of these will only be introduced if you manually added a RadCompression line to your web.config to even further compress the your data calls, so that's probably not the case.

There has been no fix introduced for these in SF v4.4. PITS shows the progress currently as open, but that's not always a good indicator, so shortly before a new release."

The PITS issue mentioned there is unfortunately still open with v5.0... 

Jochem

This thread is closed