Republish pages after editing content blocks

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:20

Republish pages after editing content blocks

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

We have experienced major problems with shared content blocks on one of our sitefinity 4.2 sp1 websites. After editing content blocks on the multi language site (Swedish, Danish, English) the content blocks disappears on the pages where the blocks are published. We're forced to (re)publish all pages using the actual blocks, to make them reappear.

Over all the content block module acts strange and inconstant, warning signs, outdated labels and shared labels appears without discernible pattern. In the administration we have experienced really slow performance when accessing the services, approximately 5-10 seconds Is that normal?

Best Regards
Kalle Johansson

@Kalle

It always helps you you post what version you are using.

Markus

What do you meen by version? As I wrote in the first sentence it is a Sitefinity 4.2 sp1 site. Or do you meen something else with version, like standard or professional. If so it is a standard site.

/Kalle

Dear Kalle

Sorry it seems my eyes did not see everything. I usually look more at 4.1 1574 numbers then SP1 and so on.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Kalle,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

What you describe is not the expected behaviour of the content blocks, so it seems this is a bug which will be logged in our internal system for fixing.
What do you mean by "strange and inconstant, warning signs, outdated labels and shared labels appears without discernible pattern" - could you give us an example or send us a screenshot ?

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Is there any update on this issue, we have built a new site using shared content blocks and are having the same issue. If my english page looks right, when I go to spanish i'm missing some shared elements, then I go to the page and publish it again and refresh, now my spanish page looks right but then when I go back to the english page I am missing shared content. I cannot get both english and spanish to show the shared content at the same time. Any ideas? The screenshots attached below will show the progression described above, top left link is the english page, top right link is the spanish page with content missing. The bottom left image is after publishing the spanish page again, no changes just open and republish then the bottom right image is after clicking back over to english showing the content now missing from the english page. We are developing on 4.3.1885.0

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Aaron,

There are few known issues related to Shared content in multilingual which are planned to be fixed really soon.
To understand whether your problem is related I need some more details - have you recently upgraded the mentioned project? Is the spanish language version added after the content block was already created in the english language version?

Looking forward to your answers.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Antoaneta
.. fixed really soon as i 4.4 SP1 or 5.0?
Markus

Hi Markus,

Thank you fo asking. Our aim is to be ready for r 5.0

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

Same issue with two languages EN / FR. One version of the shared content block disappears when the other version is published.

Is this fixed ?

Thanks,

John.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support. This issue is not resolved yet. It is more complex than we expected and will do our best to include the fix in our next release.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

Has this issue been fixed in the newer version?
I am currently using 5.0.2500 and still have this issue.
thank you
-nidhi

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2012 00:00

I have just created 30 ENG&SPA pages with multi-language Shared Content blocks, and I'm experiencing the issue (when publishing in Spanish, the English disappears... republishing in English makes them work for a while, until they disappear again). I'm on a tight schedule, so I'd need to know if there's any fix/workaround, or if I should start replacing all the shared content with static content??

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2012 00:00

Yeah, good luck with that... ;) as far as I know they have not yet fixed this issue but you may want to wait to hear from them for confirmation.

On our site we ended up working around the problem by making our own control for shared content. Basically it works like this, the control we made simply gets placed where we want the shared content and when you edit the details of the control it asks for the name of the file you'd like to reference, we then built the two files, one english with a filename_en and one spanish with a filename_es. So we have a control that looks in a speicified folder on the server for the filename we associated and since in sitefinity you can control elements between localization we have it pull the file with the _en when it's english and the one with the _es when its spanish. It's essentially doing a roundabout include and with the file outside of sitefinity we can edit it as if it were a content item. Hope that makes sense...

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2012 00:00

Hi Diego,

We are still struggling this problem which turns to be very complex. I will raise its priority one more time and will keep you informed on its progress.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello everyone,

I have my website in 5.0.2800.0 version. I have multilanguage functionality in my site. I made common content blocks for both languages. But the problem is that when i create content block for english language & publish my page, spanish content block disappers in spanish page & whehn i publish spanish page, english page content block disappears . . Is this issue solved or not in new version ?? Please let me know. I am in hurry.

Thnks,
Nrv 

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2012 00:00

If you read through the rest of the posts you'll find that it is a known problem, there is no direct solution from Telerik and I have an earlier post with a workaround we used for the same issue on our website.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support. Unfortunately there is no a solution for this problem yet. We will update you as soon we fix the problem.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi,

Edition:  Enterprise Edition
Product version:  5.0.2860.0
Concurrent users:  Unlimited    

We too are experiencing this identical issue with the shared content blocks. It takes forever to load - I've seen it take over 5 minutes to load. We are only using English in our sites. It's so bad right now, I have too remote into our server and restart the IIS Worker Process (w3wp.exe). Our site is constantly going down because this (backend users changing content in the shared content blocks). 

I work for a local county government and I recommended Telerik Sitefinity CMS product to redesign the county's website. It's painful not to see this CMS not working as intented and I know this can be a great product.  

I'd welcome any of the Telerik team members to login and perform a systems analysis on our CMS for any improvement in performance, Sitefinity/server configurations recommendations, etc.

I will work with anyone from Telerik to get this issue resolved!  

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2012 00:00

Version 5.2.3700.0 and content modules still slow

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

I am also having the same issues as described above.  We are using Sitefinity 5.2.3700.0 SE.

We are creating a new site with six (6) different languages.  This is not an upgrade, we are starting with a clean project.  We have created all of the pages in each language, and we used shared content blocks to insert element that are shared on multiple pages.  When we started, the shared content block was only in English, with the plan of then adding the other translations at a later date.

This was working fine, until we tried to add these other languages.  As mentioned by others above, saving the shared content block takes a while, but I suspect that this is because we have the shared content spread out across a lot of pages (but not all pages, so we couldn't put the content in the template).  We can live with the slow saving process for now.  But what we can't live with is the content blocks disappearing from the pages, even though the content is still in the shared content block.  Republishing the pages seems to fix things some of the time, but not all the time.

Is there any update on this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi

Stephan,

Both issues are fixed in the new version of the Content Blocks in Sitefinity 5.3. Here is full list of the release notes in case interested - Sitefinity 5.3 Release Notes. Upgrading to this version should fix your problems.

All the best,
Kristian Smilenov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed