external feed overwrites published content

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:11

external feed overwrites published content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

I have an external RSS feed that updates automatically. When the update occurs, it overwrites any content that has been published so far and sets it back to a draft. Is there anything I can do to stop this behavior from happening?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Robert,

Are you using Sitefinity feeds and notifications module to include the exernal Rss Feed in your site? By default Sitefinity rss feed doesn`t update automatically. If the feed upon update takes all content and if there is already an exising one published it updates it by preserving the old content and saving the new one as draft. Can you provide some more information on the how your feed is set up and if there are any modifications on it?

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

I'm running the default settings right now. I'm still working on the setup of the site so I'm trying not to go too deep into the customization yet.
I have it set to pull the rss feed in and publish to a blog. I had it set to publish as news items originally on my first build out of the site.

My though on this now is I will have to develop a custom workflow to handle the situation. I cannot get data from any feed if the content already exists on the site as published. The client I am developing this for will not work with that solution. If it does come back in as a draft, the content curators will have to filter out the data manually.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Robert,

I have created a video of the settings I used to publish a feed as blog post. I suppose you have encountered saved as draft either because of not checking the checkbox for publish as shown in the video or after creating the feed and running it the content was not fully published when the feed was started again (run again). I have encountered this problem by creating the feed and running it again multiple times. This published content items as draft. To resolve I ran the feed again and all items were published.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed