Invalid root node configured for pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:27

Invalid root node configured for pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm having this issues after upgrading from Sitefinity 4.2 to version 4.3:

Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap".

I checked the other open topics on this, but none of the suggested ideas work.

I triple checked the project name in ProjectConfig.config and it is the same as the one in table sf_page_node.
Also, the database connection string is ok.

When the website was initially created, the default schema was set to "webuser" and not "dbo", so now I have two sets of tables for sitefinity, one with dbo, and one set webuser.[sf_.......].

I've already spent 2 days on this, any idea would be of much help. 

Thanks,
Dany.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Dany,

The website has created the dbo tables ( which are empty ) most probably because the user that you have to manage the SQL server is not owner of the custom schema you have applied. What you need to do is either configure the SQL user or change the schema to dbo, so the system finds the proper tables.

A code snipped regarding the schema can be found here:

www.sitefinity.com/.../error-invalid-root-node-configured-for-pages-no-root-node-with-the-name-of-quot-frontendsitemap-quot.aspx

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

I appreciate your answer.

When changing the schema to "dbo" instead of "webuser" means I will loose all the content that is now populated inside the webuser.[.....] tables, because the dbo ones are empty ?

How do I migrate the data in the webuser tables to the dbo tables ?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Dany,

You will not loose any content by changing the db schema. However make sure to backup your initial database first.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey Dany,

Just jumping in this thread because Victor's link isn't working...

DECLARE tabcurs CURSOR
FOR
    SELECT 'dbo.' + [name]
      FROM sysobjects
     WHERE xtype = 'u'

OPEN tabcurs
DECLARE @tname NVARCHAR(517)
FETCH NEXT FROM tabcurs INTO @tname

WHILE @@fetch_status = 0
BEGIN

EXEC sp_changeobjectowner @tname, 'charity'

FETCH NEXT FROM tabcurs INTO @tname
END
CLOSE tabcurs
DEALLOCATE tabcurs

Courtesy of Gabe Sumner's blogpost on Sitefinity and deploying to shared hosting providers. He runs into the same problem and explains how to drop the double tables as well.

On a side note with regards to Gabe's post, with the 'Export data' feature in SQL Management Studio, you have the option to 'remap' [sf_...] to [dbo] in the process so you won't need to constantly alter it with the script....

J.

This thread is closed