Email options in forms widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:52

Email options in forms widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

In version 4.1.1405.0 there was an option to send the forms results to a certain email address (see attached image) This option seems to have disappeared in version 4.2 and 4.3. Is there any possibilities to configure the forms widget as in the 4.1.1405.0 version?

Best Regards Magnus Lindeberg

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Magnus Lindeberg,

Can you please clarify where exactly was this screen visible - upon selecting a form to be displayed in the public Forms widget on a  page? We have just tested this functionality on a newly created 4.1.1405 Sitefinity project and did not find the screen present in any of the forms-related configurations, could it be that this is an upgraded project, where this functionality had existed before this version? Looking forwards to your reply.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi
The screen was visible in "edit mode" when the forms widget was used on a page. See attatched image for additional screenshots.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Magnus Lindeberg,

I have just verified with our developers team who have worked on the Forms module in Sitefinity, that such an option was not present in the module, could it be that you are using some custom module/widget downloaded from our marketplace like this one?

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Sorry... you're right I'm wrong.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2013 00:00

Would you know whether this custom module works for Sitefinity 6.1?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Chanan,

Please note that in the mentioned Sitefintiy versiopn (6.1) we have an out of th ebox solution for setting up email notifications for Form responses. For more information about configuring this feautre, please check this article from our documentation.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2014 00:00

I built a form (emai) in sitefinity and it was working properly. Recently, it has stopped notifying me if an individual has sent in a completed form. I made sure the email options area had the right email address and it does. As I am testing again, there is still no notifications showing up in my email inbox.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Kory,

Could you check the /App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder, in particular the Error.log and trace.log for any exceptions registered during sending the notification fro your Form? If the exception is thrown in Sitefinity there's a very high chance we'll see it appearing in one of these logs, and we'll be able to give you further advice.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed