Backend Layout Images Missing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:46

Backend Layout Images Missing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

One of my sites has suddenly stopped displaying all layout images (backgrounds, buttons, sitefinity logo).

I've checked the app_data folder permission and read/write is still there and all of my mappings appear correct. I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem. I've attached a screenshot of the login screen.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Mark

I usually use fiddler2.com as a good starting point to see what is going on.

Are you getting 404 errors maybe. Is the site accessable through internet, can you link us there?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

I didn't get a chance to check before the problem fixed itself. I rebuilt the site and after that did not help I did a midnight server restart. After the restart, everything worked again. The site is on university servers where Microsoft patches are automatically pushed, my best bet is one of the patches had affected my site.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Mark,

Yes, this is a very possible reason. You could use Firebug or Chrome developer tools to see if there are some errors during the loading of the page as well.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

I know this is an old post but I came across it as we are seeing this behavior again.  I suspected it was a Microsoft patch issue as many computers here went through the updates.  A few clients are reporting the same where in the backend the background images aren't appearing and a newly created page is either created in draft mode automatically and can't be published or edited.

Good to know.

Dear Laura

I can confirm that I had the same a couple of times but did simply reload and did not investigate further.

Markus

Yup Markus, that is what we are telling our clients as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

@lara

Since there is no response from Telerik I will open a ticket.

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_buttons_not_loading.swf

Let you know when I get an answer.

I am sure there are many other not reporting this but having the same issue.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

@Laura

Can you enable CDN Admin - Advanced - Pages - Script-something

And set front and back-end script comgining to false. Recycle and see if that fixes it.  Admin - Advanced - Pages 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

The issue with 5.4 is MicrosoftAjax.js not being included on the initial load of the page into the editor.  If you refresh, MicrosoftAjax.js gets included.

We do have an open case and will let you know if/when we get an answer.

Hi Laura!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Victor,

We were not able to reproduce the problem. Please find our answer in the support ticket that you have opened.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Stefani

Laura and I have the same problem. I know at least of one other person who had the same problem and solved it by enabeling CDN and setting script combining to false.

Dear Victor

I have an ticket open as well and will report as soon as I get an answer.

Markus

We had this problem here too...(same thing seen in Markus' video).  First time a page loads, no buttons, reload, buttons come back.

I removed the RadScriptManager from our masterpage and we're all good again...

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi,

Victor resolved the problem by adding these two properites to the RadScriptManager declaration:

EnableEmbeddedjQuery="false" 
EnableScriptCombine="false"

I hope that the solution will be useful.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Dear Stefani

That did the trick. Are you going to investigate further why this is happening?

Markus

Markus,

I'll send you my bill.

:)

Please send it with my regards to this address

33 Alexander Malinov Blvd., 
Sofia 1729 

Markus

This thread is closed