Error when attempting to edit widget content on pages after

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:35

Error when attempting to edit widget content on pages after choosing to Save as Draft

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

We are using a workflow that utilizes 2 levels of approval before publishing.  We have recently upgraded our test environment to 4.2 SP1 and then 4.3 once it was released.  During testing, I'm getting an error screen when the following steps are taken:

1.  An author (our Course Author role) accesses a page to begin the workflow, and adds content to the page.
2.  The same author chooses to Save as Draft rather than advancing the page through the workflow.
3.  The same user then attempts to Edit any of the widgets added to the page = error in attached SS

I have verified that this same error is generated on a fresh local 4.3 project.

I noticed that the first stage of the workflow (pre level 1 approval... IE when the page is first created and content added to it) does NOT behave in the same manner as the later stages of workflow in terms of saving the page without workflow progression.  In the later stages, users in the appropriate roles can perform the analogous actions (Save as Awaiting Approval or Save as Awaiting Publishing), but it does NOT keep them on the page - it automatically re-directs them back to /pages.  Is this the desired behavior for ALL stages of the workflow?  If so, why does the first stage not re-direct as the others do?  I would argue that, similar to most other applications, you should be able to save your work and continue to make changes un-interrupted, as frequently as you want to.

SS of error attached.

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Danielle,

You are correct, this is a bug. Saving as draft by default works this way - it does not redirect you to All pages but remains in Edit Mode. However, when a 2-level workflow is active, obviously something goes wrong with the lifecycle.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused and I assure you that we will be working on fixing this bug for our future releases.
 Thanks for the report, I updated your Telerik points.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2011 00:00

Can you please tell us if there is an issue tracking number for this? I somehow don't think so.
Also note that if I simply refresh the current page (press F5) after clicking on "Save As Draft", then I don't get this error.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

Here's the PITS issue that you can follow:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/9094 

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed