Admin Async Call Slowness Issues

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:40

Admin Async Call Slowness Issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

We have many pages (well over 2500) and more will be moving into our SF instance.  We are seeing scripts time out when trying to show nodes on the Pages admin page that have a count greater than 100.  Also, we have well over 400 categories underneath a single sub category (Category --> Specialties --> (400+ sub categories)) which causes the Classifications area to time out when getting all the sub categories under specialties (as shown above).  Is there a way to make this more efficient?  This also makes categories hard to use if built out this much within modules as rendering of the trees times out.  I know having the content users restructure the sub categories is an option, but even 400 items shouldn't cause a meltdown of your async call unless you are returning a lot more data then is needed. 

Also the Design > Template page is incredibly slow and gets exponential slower the number of sites that are added.   

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Marc,

I see that your project has some specific structure and I kindly ask you to open a support request and provide us with your project. The file attachments are limited to 20 MB, so you can send us an FTP account that we can use to get the project and observe it locally. We will attach it to our local performance tests machines and see if there are any glitches with our code or the issue is specific to your project. Then we will try to provide fix, suggestions, guidance how the issue could be resolved.

We made some performance optimizations to the latest version, so it is important for us to know if you are using it and if you have made an upgrade. We would like to know if you have custom controls, modules, code that interacts with global events and IoC. 

I hope that I will be able to help you as soon as I see your ticket and some more details about this case in it. 

Kind regards,
Tihomir
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed