Template lifecycle

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:00

Template lifecycle

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

I have just moved the Source Code to the test system. I only adjusted the Connection String to use the database on the test system already. The issue is that all my Page Template show as Unpublished, yet I am navigating around the site with no issues. It sounds wrong to me at two levels:
1 - Why does it show all my templates as Not Published all of a sudden?
2 -Should I be able to navigate pages which are based on Templates that show as Not Published?

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hmmm that's weird...did you recycle the app pool after changing the data.config?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Yeap, I have recycled the AppPool, I have cleared the browser cache. very strange :(

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

Is it possible that you connected your project to a database that somehow wasn't upgraded and the project gets data from the old database? The problem with the templates may come from the multilingual fields added to the templates' columns in the base. Can you try republishing the templates and see if that works?

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Svetoslav,

"...Is it possible that you connected your project to a database that somehow wasn't upgraded and the project gets data from the old database?..."
...maybe... i have always been of the impression that if you upgrade the WebApp, it will then itself upgrade the database.

"...The problem with the templates may come from the multilingual fields added to the templates' columns in the base..."
Ok, well, I only use English. Although, I might be using English (United Kingdom). Could that have affected it.

"...Can you try republishing the templates and see if that works?..."
That works, it was one of the first things I tried. I just thought I would let you know that, whilst doing the same thing that I have always done, I got a different result.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,

I understand this was confusing, but we haven't encountered such an issue before and there is no way that we can reproduce it here. Can you please see if you could find a pattern for reproducing the issue or if it reappears in time and get back to us with the exact case of how it happened again?

Best wishes,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ok Svetoslav, will do. Many thanks

This thread is closed