IE9 Saving Empty Widget Crashes Script

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:51

IE9 Saving Empty Widget Crashes Script

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

I noticed an odd behavior in IE9 where if you attempt to save a widget and leave the fields blank, a script will crash or the browser will experience a memory link.  I haven't been able to reproduce this issue in Firefox or Chrome.  I also notice that the BeforeSaveChanges handler that I added to the widget javascript never gets called.  I've been unable to find any errors in debugging consoles either.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Can you give us some more details on this issue? What widget exactly did you use? it would be best if you could send the exact steps that you took to reproduce the issue. 
Looking forward to reading your answer. Thanks for the understanding.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Svetoslav,

Apologies for the delay on this one, but there was some turnover and other priorities.

Based on the notes I was left, this affects widgets with validation. Here's how I was able to get this to happen:

1. Add a widget to a page.
2. Click the edit button.
3. Immediately click Save.

In IE9, any widget with validation will freeze up, and give an error similar to the attached screenshot. This does not occur in FF or Chrome.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I tested this and couldn't reproduce the problem. I have attached a small video of the test - can you please check it out and let me know if I'm not doing something right to reproduce the issue. Thanks in advance

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2012 00:00

Svetoslav,

Yes, that looks correct. Based on what you've shown, I'm guessing it's some custom Javascript causing the issue. I'll look in to it further.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Chris,

Yes, I suppose it is something else on the page causing the issue - probably a custom control or scripts coming from the template. Let me know if you need further help with this, when you locate the problem.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed