posts forcing re-login

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:10

posts forcing re-login

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2011 00:00

When I attempt to make a new post, I am taken back to the login page.  Happens in Chrome, Firefox and IE - the site has been up for over a year and this is the first time this has happened.  We've made about 60 posts already, so wondering what caused the change.

LIL help? - Andy

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2011 00:00

3 visits and no suggestions?  anyone got a clue on this one?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Andy,

I have tried to reproduce the problem locally with 4.3RTM installed and, I could not find any problem like the one you described. Please see attached video and, let me know if I'm missing something.Please try to delete your cookies/temp files and, check if the problem still exists. What edition of Sitefinity are you using?

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

Sonya - 

Thank you for the reply.  I attempted to post 2 more times just now without any luck.  So I then started making a video to show you and it worked.  Then, when I went to check the post, it kicked me back out.  So the "being kicked back to the login screen" issue isn't confined to posting.  How do I check my version of sitefinity?  If I look at the source code of www.eddieb.com, I see "Sitefinity 3.7.1990.3" - is that what you're looking for?

Hello Andy,

To check your current Sitefinity version: Go to Administration>Version & Licensing (see sitefinity_version.JPG)

Kind regards,

Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Andy,

To check your current Sitefinity version: Go to Administration>Version & Licensing (see sitefinity_version.JPG)

Kind regards,

Sonya
the Telerik team

Well, this must  be a fairly old version as I do not see that setting under "administration" as you can see in this screenshot.  I am still being booted randomly when using the site.  :(

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Andy,

Thank you for all the additional information you have provided. Your website is running Sitefinity 3.x. To avoid getting returned to the login page please make sure that you have the following configurations:

1) On IIS, go to your website and check authentication settings. You must have Forms and Anonymous authentication enabled. Other types of authentication must be disabled.

2) Make sure that your website's web.config file has the bellow highlighted setting:

<system.webServer>
  <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">

3) Set up a machine key in the web.config of your website. You can use this tool to generate the config section.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed