Convert to webapp not working for me

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:37

Convert to webapp not working for me

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

My ascx was having an issue adding new items to the designer so I deleted the designer with the intent of re-adding via the Convert To Web Application right-click context menu.

However I get this error: screencast.com/.../DQaATyHEJ

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

Found the Culprit(s)

When I add these lines to the ascx it craps out

<sitefinity:JavaScriptEmbedControl ID="JavaScriptEmbedControl1" runat="server" ScriptEmbedPosition="BeforeBodyEndTag" Url="~/UserControls/DashWidgets/Documents/widget-documents.js" />
<sitefinity:CssEmbedControl ID="CssEmbedControl1" runat="server" Url="~/UserControls/DashWidgets/Documents/widget-documents.less" />

(As seen here)
http://screencast.com/t/h5dBW71VQwH

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Just a wild guest - the <sitefinity:> prefix is by default registered in your web.config like this:

<add tagPrefix="sitefinity" namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" />

However the JavaScriptEmbedControl control is in a different namespace - maybe the problem comes from a missing @Register tag?

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2011 00:00

Hmm interesting...this is what I have defined

<add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" />
<add tagPrefix="sitefinity" namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" />
<add tagPrefix="sitefinity" namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" />
<add tagPrefix="sitefinity" namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls" assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" />

One of these causing a conflict you think?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

No, I don't think these should cause any conflicts. I would like to ask a logical question - does this problem happen on some other web application project or just in Sitefinity? It looks to me like this is not a Sitefinity issue.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

Well...I mean it's clearly VS2010 doing something strange, but it ONLY happens when you have a phsyical JS\CSS Embedd control on the page.

Like if you put one on the page, then try to add another control after it (Label Control for example), it doesn't work.  The Label doesnt get added to the .designer.  If you then delete the JS\CSS Embedd controls, the label is then back into the .desiger file.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I was able to reproduce the issue. I'm not sure what is causing this however. The type initializer for the Res class is a private static constructor with not much code in it. I'm sorry I can't give you a workaround at the moment. We will investigate this further.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed