"Show in navigation" ignored for redirections

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:36

"Show in navigation" ignored for redirections

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi,

I thought this bug would be reported by now, but I looked around and couldn't find it.
The "Show in navigation" option is ignored if the page is a redirection. Ie: it'll be shown in the navigation (menu) no matter what.

To reproduce the problem:
- Create a page
- Uncheck the "Show in navigation" box
- Check the "This page redirects to another page" box, and select a target page

Result: the page is shown in the navigation.
Expected result: the page is NOT shown in the navigation.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2011 00:00

We tried to work around this bug by using page groups. This didn't work, though, because a page group (shown in navigation) that has its first child page set as not shown in navigation, makes it so the page group is not visible in the navigation.

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Thomas,

I just tried to reproduce your scenario with our Sitefinity 4.3 release but with no success. Would you elaborate more on the version you use, so that we can isolate the problem internally and get back to you with a resolution to the problem?

Thank you for contacting us, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Hristo,

This is with Sitefinity 4.3.

I'm wondering, are your online sandboxes on Sitefinity 4.3?
If they are, I could create a new sandbox, reproduce the problem there, then you could check it out. Would that work for you?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Thomas,

We've managed to reproduce the problem locally and, the problem appears only, when the page redirects to a Sitefinity page. The bug is not valid if you redirect to an external page. The issue is logged in our system and forwarded for fixing.  You can monitor the status of the bugs in our issue tracking system PITS. The issue ID is 8683.

I updated your Telerik points.

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Sonya,

Thanks for the info.
So I guess I could work around the issue for now by adding the full URL instead. I'll try that later on.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

I am having this problem now but I have noticed that if the page I am redirecting to is set to NOT show in the navigation while the redirecting page IS set to show in the navigation, the redirecting page will also NOT show in the navigation. This is only an issue for me because my blog page is acting extremely weird in my site's navigation. I'll make a separate post for that soon.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

Dear Chris

Unfortunaltely this is by design. See my sugestion here http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/suggestions/redirect-pages-show-in-navigation-only-when.aspx

You can vote for it. Here is the link to PITS.

To me it does not make sense that internal pages are handled differently then external. Maybe you want the impressum or disclaimer not to be shown in navigation but want to link to it from many pages.

Work around would be treating the internal pages as external pages and access them with http://www.watever.ch

Markus

This thread is closed