How to add Tag selector in Sitefinity Control Edit mode

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:48

How to add Tag selector in Sitefinity Control Edit mode

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I would like to add a tag selector control in the Edit mode of a usercontrol that users will edit on the page.

Something like this http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/ivan/posts/09-03-23/products_module_insert_edit_templates_control_guidance.aspx

I want on the Done event to capture those values and read information from that,

Please tell me how to do that.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Zubair,

I believe you're going to find thing blog post useful. It covers the steps to adding different fields to the widget designer - including FlatTaxonField (Tags). At the end you'll find a sample widget.

Best wishes,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I should've looked at your link earlier before getting down to actually doing it, I was not clear enough I am using Sitefinity 3.7 and not 4.x, so can you give me a hint to do that in 3.x?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Zubair,

To avoid confusion in the future, please open threads related to Sitefinity 3.x in their respective forums. The thread is opened in Sitefinity 4.x forums and this lead Zheni to the impression that you are using 4.x.

You need to create a custom web UI type editor which is going to be populated with tags. You need to use the respective manager to get tags list. Sample on how to create such controls can be found here: Creating a custom WebUITypeEditor.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi there,

Yes my bad, though I have managed to do this using Custom Designers but I'll see if I got time to look at this approach.

Thanks

This thread is closed