Unable to send test e-mail messages using Email Campaigns

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:50

Unable to send test e-mail messages using Email Campaigns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

I have configured SMTP for my Email Campaign in Sitefinity v. 4.3.

I have specified the settings as are required by my hosting provider including the SMTP Authentication settings.

However, even after setting the SMTP settings and clicking on the Send Test E-mail Message button, I continue to get a failure stating "Failure to send e-mail".

Therefore, I believe that the Sitefinity Email Campaign SMTP functionality is not working correctly.  I verified that the SMTP engine is working properly on the server by uploading a sample ASP.Net web page which utilizes the .Net SMTP class to send e-mail messages.  My sample page works just fine sending any e-mail messages I wish while the E-mail Campaigns functionality fails to send any test messages.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

I tried this with our development SMTP server and I was able to receive the test email message. Could you send us the code that you use to send the test email that works for you and give us your Newsletter configurations so we could inspect them.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed