Drop Down List Selection Not Recorgnize Mouse Select

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:22

Drop Down List Selection Not Recorgnize Mouse Select

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2011 00:00

Using 4.2.  When I go to the Menu widget and select the CssClass with a double click, a list appears of previous selections.  I select one with my mouse and click "Save".   In this case I select "NavigationHorz".  If I just add a keyboard character, like a blank space, it does recognize the entry. 

It clearly isn't "posting" a change to the field by just using the mouse.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Tom Miller,

This drop-down comes from the browser's autocomplete option and is not related to any configurations in Sitefinity. However, it is quite unusual that skin name, entered by the autocomplete deffers from the one, entered manually. Does this behavior reproduce in different browsers?

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2011 00:00

It isn't different.  I am more of a windows programmer, so let me put it in those terms.

When I use the mouse to click on the selection, the fields text buffer is not getting updated.  If I type, even a space after I select (at the end of the text), the buffer is updated.  I am using Firefox 8.0.

I will check Chrome and IE8 tonight.

This works fine with Firefox and Gmail for example.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2011 00:00

Neither Chrome or IE8 recognize the field for auto-complete.  Sorry that I can't give you more info.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Tom,

I couldn't reproduce the odd behavior you're describing in the navigation widget, but since browser's AutoComplete functionality is the same everywhere on the website, I've recorded a video on the way it works when someone logs in to Sitefinity. As you see changes are applied even when I use the mouse and select from the dropdown.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed