The System is Restarting 4.2 Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:11

The System is Restarting 4.2 Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

For some time now I've been having an issue with my Sitefinity Project. I'm using it both locally and on a server (IIS6). However the VS project runs and works fine locally but when I copy it across to IIS6 and start the website I keep getting, "The System is restarting..." message. Please find attached my Error.log as I'm uncertain as to why this would be happening. This is an urgent matter as it has been going on since last Friday.

Also in restarting I would get this error stated below. I have checked my connection strings and they are correct, yet I get this error below.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Jesse,

Can you tell me how do you deploy your project? Have you configured IIS ( handlers / permissions / bindings, etc. ) according to our documentation?

Also please verify that your database is accessible and the connection string is correctly configured to match your new installation, because the error you get is thrown because your SQL server is not accessible - remote connections are not allowed, TCP protocol is not enabled or the SQL service is down. You may find this link useful An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. Check this post as well.

You can check this threads:

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/openaccessexception.aspx

Resolving A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed