Extra ULR get added again - can cause loops !!!!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:45

Extra ULR get added again - can cause loops !!!!!!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

I sure hope Telerik is not going to tell me that is is by design again.

Create a page in any PageGroup
Drag the page around in the hiarchy a couple of times
Back to the old pages
EXTRA Urls get added.

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_test_mit_extra_urls.swf

JULY 25th -> Reported 4 month ago (it was said it would be fixed)
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/4-1-sp3-multiple-url-s-copy-page.aspx

AUGUST 24 -> Reported 3 month ago
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/4-2-upgrade-results-in-infinite-loop-on-many-pages.aspx

SEPTEMBER
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/4-2-sbe-sp1-updated-now-get-kicked-out-a-lot.aspx
Well users have to watch out! Sorry but if SF addes ULR by itself. How is a user supposed to watch out.

Sorry but this is a MAJOR bug. If you drag the page to its orignial page. The same URL gets added which will lead to Loops!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Sorry

Forgot to mention the site is running 4.3 1885

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

@All
Can anyone reproduce
I yes - has this never been a problem for you

@Telerik
Anything?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

I have reproduced the described behaviour and logged it in PITS. The bugs priority is raised so our teams can fix it as soon as possible. We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Victor
Thank's for the feedback. I would have voted for the but but once again the link does not take me to the single message but to all bugs.
Hope this bug will be fixed even if we don't have many votes on PITS because if a client drags a page away and back it will loop.
Markus

Hello Markus Berchtold,

We will do our best to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Thank you for the patience.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Victor

This bug is still around in 4.4. Extra URL are still added when I drag a page from one page group to another. 

Is this still considered a bug and if yes can we finaly expect it to be solved in 5.0?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hey Markus,

I can understand it's a nusance that this happens, but in all fairness you can't expect Telerik to fix a bug 2.5wks before launch of a new version. System breaking bugs that would warrant a Hotfix yes, but they were already finishing up the release candidate when this got logged into PITS.

So yes, naturally, this is still happening in v4.4 but as you can see from the PITS link it's "in progress" and not "open" so they're working on it already. Given the fact that so far it has not been verified by anybody else or voted on, I'd say they're going well out of their way to make this one happen already... 

And just to stick to the facts:
July 25th it was internally logged, not recognized as a bug or logged into PITS.
August 24th was an upgrade issue with regards to multiple urls when upgrading v4.1 > 4.2
And on September the 30th both me and Lubomir acknowledged that you manually added the same URL and thus causing the loops yourself.

As Lubomir commented already back in September "we cannot stop every single possible bad action from the users"

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Jochem

You are right I did forget that 5.0 was just around the corner. Did not realize that it was only 2.5 weeks from now.

But the best part of it. It seems to be fixed in 4.4. If you drag a page to another page group it will get the extra ULR added from its last place. The good news is that once you add a page with the same name url to the place where the page was the extra url in the dragged page gets removed.

So I therefore its not possible that the page refers to itself causing loops. So maybe the case is not in progress but has been solved in 4.4.

Thanks for your time, Jochem 

www.marktold.com/.../extra_urls.swf shows this. 
BTW This was live speed from Arvixe VPS. I am very pleased with the speed of SF now.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2013 00:00

This continues to be a problem in v5.4
According to PITS this is still an open issued that has not yet been scheduled.

It occurs about 20% of time when you move or rename a page.  It may be a caching issue on the server because it can start working normally again if you wait a few days, but I don't have time to wait a few days to rename or move a page.  Please address this problem soon.

This thread is closed