AjaxControlToolkit.dll major version mismatch

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:59

AjaxControlToolkit.dll major version mismatch

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

When I go to "create a post" under blogs, I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20820.16598, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = DOCUMENTSERVER\Administrator
LOG: DisplayName = AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20820.16598, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/ConsumentenClaimSitefinity40/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\ConsumentenClaimSitefinity40\bin
Calling assembly : Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.1210.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\ConsumentenClaimSitefinity40\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20820.16598, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/sitefinitywebapp/4fbe27cd/45b130c3/AjaxControlToolkit.DLL.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Major Version
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.

I tried binding the assembly to the older version by adding the following line in web.config, however no luck so far.

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="3.0.20820.16598" newVersion="4.1.40412.2"/>

Any ideas are welcome.

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Consumentenclaim,

Can you please try configuring the binding redirect like this in your web.config (please include this before the closing </configuration> tag):

<runtime>
       <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
           <dependentAssembly>
               <assemblyIdentity name="AjaxControlToolkit" publicKeyToken="28f01b0e84b6d53e" />
               <bindingRedirect oldVersion="3.0.20820.16598" newVersion="4.1.40412.2"/>
           </dependentAssembly>
       </assemblyBinding>
   </runtime>

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

That is exactly identical to what I currently have in my web.config. To make sure I copy-pasted but still no luck.

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi,

If you have set the binding redirect in your web.config, then there should be no particular reason for the exception that's being thrown, since even if there is a control that's explicitly requiring the older version of your
AjaxControlToolkit.dl it will be redirected to the newer version. Can you please verify that the project reference to that assembly is correct, and if replacing it with the older version will change the experienced issue. If any problems persist, maybe we could arrange you sending us your project's files and a backup of its database, so we can study it further, as we are not able to reproduce this issue locally.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

We are also seeing this exception with AjaxControlToolkit 4.1. We have entered the binding redirect in the web.config but that is no help. We still get the binding exception.

We were using AjaxControlToolkit 3.5 which seemed to work ok in the front end, but the editor for things like blog entries, content blocks, etc under the Content menu in the backend would not work because the page was looking for a ToolkitScriptManager.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

Update...

It looks like the latest version of the AjaxControlToolkit dll is 4.1.50927.0. I changed the web.config to redirect to that version, emptied my bin directory, rebuilt, and it seems to be working now. Hope this will do the same for you. :)

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Keith,

That worked for me as well.

This thread is closed