4.3.1885.0 SE - No pipe registered

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:27

4.3.1885.0 SE - No pipe registered

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

When I go to Administration - Search and Indexes and click on one of my Index I get an error 'No pipe registered with name 'ProductIncountPipe'!

Never done anything else then add an index for search. This is an update from 1650 to 1885.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced upgrading Sitefinity to 1885, can you please inspect the Sitefinity logs if there are any errors during the upgrade process, and also check the SystemConfig.config for any system modules that might not have been upgraded to the latest version.
I have tried upgrading a local blank 1650 project to the 1885 version, and everything passed successfully, I was able to create a search index in both versions of the product, without getting the above exception. However, I'd kindly ask you to try listing the scenario in as much detail as possible (e.g. license version, were there any search indexes created before the upgrade, a copy of the 1650 and 1883 SystemConfig.config files etc), since this might impose some potential that we have a bug somewhere, that we can address before the 4.4. release. Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated on this one!

As a workaround for fixing the issue on your side, you can try manually adding the pipe in Global.asax like this:

protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)

Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Initialized += new EventHandler<Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs>(Bootstrapper_Initialized);           

void Bootstrapper_Initialized(object sender, Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs e)

if (e.CommandName == "Bootsrtapped")

PublishingSystemFactory.RegisterPipe(ProductInboundPipe.PipeName, typeof(Product));

Looking forwards to your reply.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Dec-2011 00:00

Dear Boyan
The index was created 99,9 % in 1650 (don't think I did start that project before with an older version)
Problem accurred after updating.

I will open a support ticket for sending the config files.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2012 00:00

What happened in this situation by the way? I am having a similar problem but on 5.1

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. And I believe the site was upgraded from 6.1 to 6.2

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

By default the Sitefinity search index management screens are dynamic. This means that when you create a new search index Sitefintiy will query all active modules whose content can be included in the index, and present them as an option for you to select.
However once you define a search index, the selected modules are saved for this particular index. This means that next time you go in and try to edit this search index Sitefintiy will know which modules you have selected, and will try to access their "pipes" - these are the classes that are responsible for pulling data into the search index.

The most probable reason for getting the "No pipe registered"  exception when opening a search index that has already been created, is if one or more of the modules that were initially selected to be included in the index are not active anymore. This means that they have either been:
a) disabled from Administration->modules and Services screen
b) removed from your SystemConfig.config (you will not see them under Modules and Services screen)
c) you have changed your license with one that does no longer support this module
d) if it is a custom module there is an error preventing it to be initialized
e) if it is a Sitefinity out of the box module and there has been an upgrade issue that is preventing it to be initialized now
f) if you have customized its InboundPipe and registered a new pipe that is having problems

I have tried listing the above factors in the order of relevance to what could have caused the problem on your end.

You can easily cross out some of the possible reasons (a-c) by trying to create a new index - if this screen shows no errors then the problem is most likely one of the three listed first. You can safely delete the original search index and recreate it.

If you are observing this error even on new search index creation then please elaborate if you might fall in one of the scenarios listed after c) above, and check them one by one to confirm if this is not the case.

If any issues still persist, please remove (or move) all files from your App-Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder and try reproducing the problem again - if any new logs are created in the folder that you just cleared, please send them over to us for further investigation.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed